Don’t have a resistance band? Go to WalMart or 5 Below and pick on up! They’re a cheap way to have a great workout. …Now that you have your band. Here is a great workout I just did with my class at focused fitness. It takes 30 minutes and it will make you sweat! It hits all parts of the body and even includes a cardio component! Grab your band and try it out!
Between each of these exercises is the CARDIO component. For 20 seconds between each of the following exercises hold the band in each hand with little slack in between spread your arms as if you are giving someone a hug, and hold this position as you do 20 seconds of high knees.
1. Lunge With Overhead Front Raise: Place one end of band under front foot and other end of band in opposite hand (adjust slack for resistance change). As you lunge forward, lift arm forward and overhead.
2. REPEAT ON OPPOSITE SIDE
3. Squat With Front Shoulder Raise : Place band under both feet with one end in your right hand. As you squat down lift right arm forward (keeping elbow straight) until you reach shoulder level. Return to starting position.
4. REPEAT ON OPPOSITE SIDE
5. Seated Straight Arm Pull Backs: Seated with legs straight forward, wrap band around legs. Keeping arms as straight as possible, grab each end of the band and bring arms from in front of your body to directly next to your side.
6. Band Kick Backs : While on all fours, wrap band around the bottom of one foot. Hold each end of the band in front of you in each hand. Extend banded leg backwards in a kick back motion.
7. REPEAT ON OPPOSITE SIDE
8. Laying Leg V’s : Laying flat on your back with both feet together pointed towards the ceiling, wrap band around the bottom of both feet. Give some slack between feet then in a V motion push legs out towards the ground and slowly back in.
9. Upper Cut Punches : Stand with both feet on the band. Criss cross the band in front of you holding each end in each hand. Crossing in front of body, swing arms in an upper cut motion.
10. Laying Bridge Lifts : Laying on your back with knees bent, hold band down across your stomach. Hold band to ground as you lift your butt and back up.
Below is an illustration of each exercise. This is a low budget great workout. Go grab a band and get working. EARN YOUR BODY.