A large portion of Americans suffer from headaches. There are many types of headaches and many triggers that cause them. The most common types of headaches are stress or tension headaches which are brought on by the day in and day out stresses of life. Below, I will share different surprising triggers that you can aim to handle as well as a great list of foods that can aid in your effort to prevent headaches.
1. Your Boss – Make sure after a stressful interaction with your boss, whether positive or negative, you take a minute to breathe and relax.
2. The Weather – We have all experienced this one after a day out in the sun. Make sure to protect yourself from the elements and hydrate!
3. Strong Scents – Good or bad, strong scents can trigger headaches in many people. Avoid those perfume sales people!
4. Hair Accessories – Be careful how you rock the updo. Sometimes hair pulled back too tightly can cause had aches.
5. Cheese and Cold Cuts – Surprisingly enough, some foods do trigger headaches. These foods contain a substance called tyramine which can cause headaches.
Check out the following photo for a great group of foods that you can mix into your daily diet to help prevent headaches before they happen! Just with many other ailments, prevention is always better than treatment. And as you are headache free, you can hit the gym! NO EXCUSES. EARN YOUR BODY.